On this trip you will visit the western part of the amazing island of Sicily!
From golden beaches kissing crystal clear waters to the ancient Goth, Baroque & Renaissance infused towns - this trip is the perfect way to combine them all!
DAY 1: PALERMO
Arrive to the hotel in central Palermo with a private transfer from Palermo Airport.
Overnight in Palermo
DAY 2: PALERMO
After breakfast meet your guide for a walking tour of Palermo.
Visit the Norman Palace and Palatine Chapel - The Norman Palace owes its medieval look thanks to the Arab-Norman-Byzantine style. Immerse yourself in the famous historic market “Ballarò”, where you should not miss the opportunity to taste the delicious Sicilian street food. After lunch, visit the Monreale Abbey, the cathedral and the cloisters which are frequently cited as the island's greatest Norman buildings, which date back to the 12th century. The upper part of the cathedral's interior is completely covered in gleaming, more than 6.000sqm wide gold mosaics.
Have the afternoon for some exploration and shopping on your own before getting back to the hotel.
Have a taste of the Sicilian gay night life at the 'Rise Up' gay club.
DAY 3: CAPO GALLO NATURE RESERVE & SCOPELLO
After breakfast head to Mondello area and visit the Capo Gallo Nature Reserve where you can enjoy a full relaxing day of sea and sun. Continue to Scopello, a local seaside resort or hit the gay beaches in the area such as Roosevelt beach (nudist beach) in Capo Gallo, Balestrate beach in Mondello, The Beach of The Virgin in Sferracavallo, Salinelle or Gorgo Lungo beaches in Lascari.
DAY 4: ZINGARO NATURAL RESERVE
Following breakfast enjoy a full day in the famous Zingaro Natural Reserve, which has been shaped by nature to a stunning effect. Cliffs drop precipitously into the azure sea, mountainsides rise steeply up to heights of 1,000m and the series of delightful pebbly beaches with transparent turquoise water are as lovely as you can find in the Mediterranean. After lunch have some time for relaxation.
Finally, get back to the hotel for an overnight.
DAY 5: EGADI ISLANDS
After breakfast meet your guide for today and depart to Trapani harbor and onboard the hydrofoil to Egadi Islands. First stop in Favignana or La Farfalla as it is often referred to thanks to its butterfly shape, where you will discover the city. Continue to Levanzo to discover the prehistoric cave-paintings like Grotta del Genovese (Guided tour & Boat Round Trip- subjected to weather conditions). After lunch continue to the fishing village of Marettimo, the most isolated of the Egadi Islands, where you can enjoy an afternoon swimming and diving into the clear water around the coast.
Back to Trapani harbor for the trip back.
DAY 6: ERICE - TRAPANI – MARSALA
Following breakfast meet your guide and depart to Erice, a precious preserved medieval town with breathtaking views and a great historical presence. Perceive the mix of Gothic, Baroque and Renaissance architecture. Continue the tour with a tasting of typical Sicilian patisseries.
Continue to Trapani by cable-car and start your walking tour through the beautiful old town where you will get to see the many historic structures and churches it has to offer.
After lunch continue to Marsala, which was the most important town in western Sicily. Explore the old town and visit the Spanish quarter holding a picturesque fish market.
Finally stop at the famous Cantina Donnafugata to taste 4 types of real Sicilian wine.
Get back to the hotel for an overnight.
DAY 7: SAN VITO LO CAPO
Following breakfast head to San Vito Lo Capo for a full day of relaxation and sun. Explore the famous and unbeatable place, not only for its golden beach and its crystal clear blue water, but also for the Cous Cous Festival. This place has a coastline which is totally uncontaminated. Visit the small village which, during the summertime, is full of people, hosting lot of events, concerts, cultural, wine and food performances.
Try the local typical Sicilian street food for taking in the local vibe.
DAY 8: Departure Day
After breakfast, transfer back to the airport in Palermo for your flight back with everlasting memories of breathtaking Italy!
The rate includes:
• 7 overnights at the below mentioned hotels on Bed and Breakfast Basis.
• Private transfer from Palermo Airport to the hotel in central Palermo (Day 1)
• Private walking tour with an English speaking guide of the city of Palermo (Day 2)
• A full day car with driver to transfer between all the sites (Day 3)
• A full day car with driver to transfer between all the sites (Day 4)
• Private transfer from the hotel to the Trepani Harbor (Day 5)
• A round trip hydrofoil transfer from Trepani Harbor to the Egadi Islands (Day 5)
• Private walking tour with an English speaking guide of Egadi Islands (Day 5)
• A full day car with driver to transfer between all the sites (Day 5)
• Private walking tour with an English speaking guide in the cities of Erice, Trapani & Marsala (Day 6)
• Tasting of typical Sicilian patisseries (Day 6)
• Cable car ride from Erice to Trapani (Day 6)
• Wine tasting in Cantina Donnafugata (Day 6)
• A full day car with driver to transfer between all the sites (Day 6)
• A full day car with driver to transfer between all the sites (Day 7)
• Private transfer from the hotel to the airport in Palermo (Day 8)
• Entrance fees (with queue- jump) to the following sites: The Norman Palace & Palatine Chapel, Monreale Cloister and Cathedral, Grotta del Genovese in Levanzo.
The rate excludes:
Expenses of personal nature
Transportation other than mentioned
Meals throughout the entire tour other than mentioned
Tips to driver, guide, hotel staff and restaurant staff
Any other item not mentioned above
It is our company policy to receive a 30% deposit upon booking, and full payment 4 weeks prior to arrival.
Up to 29 days prior to arrival date: 12% from the total services
28 – 21 days before arrival date: 25% from the total services
20 – 14 days before arrival date: 40% from the total services
13 – 7 days before arrival date: 75% from the total services
Less than 7 days before arrival date: 100% from the total Services